Cabins are a superb alternative to the common vacation. You have many of the comforts of home and usually room to roam. Many people these days prefer to stay closer to home for their vacations. Mountain cabins are a great option. The following are some of the great reasons.
1. AFFORDABILITY– Because families like to bring lots of their personal stuff, it’s usually going to be a driving vacation, saving airfare.
2. SECLUSION– By nature, cabins are usually away from the cities and are out in natural areas, or “in the woods”.
3. ROMANTIC-Because of that seclusion, couples young and old love cabins and the next item
4. HOT TUBS– Many people don’t have them at home and really look forward to enjoying the relaxation of the hot tub, even when it’s snowing!
5. KID FRIENDLY– Kids love to get away from home and find a new playground. Cabins are often located near cool things like waterparks, rivers, lakes, mountains and parks.
6. PET FRIENDLY– Of course, you have to ask about this one. But, because of the nature of cabins pets are often welcome. At least you will have a place to walk them!
You should consider renting a cabin for your next getaway, whether it’s for 2 nights or 2 weeks. Even extended stays can be practical. Modern cabins have WiFi, HDTV, many have large windows and are well lighted, central heating and A/C and modern well stocked kitchens and washers and dryers. You can probably even get a pizza delivered.
There are different ways to plan and book a cabin vacation. Of course, there is the old “drive by” method. You just don’t know what you’re going to get.
Better is to book one through an agency that specializes in cabin rentals in a given area. These can sometimes be spread around or could be purpose built in a tighter “community”. These can also be of a “cookie cutter” design and lack character. On the other hand, they might have facilities like laundry or vending machines
on the property. Not to mention the possibility of the kids finding other kids to mingle with.
Perhaps an even better option is to rent from an individual cabin owner. This is not nearly as risky as some folks might think. Cabin owners usually have bought the property as an investment and to help offset the cost, they rent them out. It stands to reason that the nicer the cabin and the rental experience, the more success they will have. Owners often splurge on extras such as pool tables, hot tubs, game tables, flat screen HDTV’s, luxury linens, more comfortable furnishings and other things to get the renters attention and make them want to come back.
Cabin owners have the flexibility, if they wish, to discount published rates. It never hurts to ask. An owner would rather discount the rate and thereby make a friend than lose both the rental and the friend.
You have to trust the owner and he has to trust you to not trash his property. So, it balances out.
For information on Sonora property management click here.