Tag Archives: Medicare

The Value of Medicare Insurance

Medicare is a health program offered to people from the age of 65 and above. However, even people who are below the age of 65 can be eligible for the same program provided but only if they meet certain qualifications and this site has more information. These services are only available for the citizens of the United States of America. It is a federal program and as such, residents from any of the states in America can enjoy the services. American Seniors are committed to providing adequate information on all the policies.

Under this program, any permanently disabled or elderly person can receive hospital and medical care. Medical care includes visits by the doctor, therapies, hospital stays, and prescription of drugs among other services. After one has attained the age of 65, then they can apply for Medicare insurance within a window period of seven months without paying any fee.

Medicare is a government-funded federal program. It may be administered courtesy of an HMO, meaning that the government has to pay a private hospital to give these services to the citizens. While enrolling for the services, the individual has to consider Medicare part A, B, C and D. Due to the many choices that are available; it pays to be well aware of the terms that are in every category if you are to make the right choice. It is worth noting that even after you are enrolled with these insurance services, there will be times when you will be required to dig into your pockets to pay for the services, such as co-pays and other deductibles. The American Seniors give comprehensive advice regarding all these issues and help you in making an informed decision.

Medicare Part A 
This part deals with the hospital’s bit of the insurance program. It deals with inpatient, nursing facility, hospice facilities and home care for patients. They cover the blood transfusion services during the stay in a hospital. They also cater to all your needs during the time that one is admitted to a hospital such as food and nursing. They also cover home nursing services such as therapies. Part A also covers hospice care for people who have an estimated six months or less to live.

Medicare Part B 
In real sense, part B comes to compliment what was lacking in Part A. It covers 80% of the services covered by the Medicare insurance after all the deductibles have been catered for. The remaining 20% is the responsibility of the individual. This part covers a lot of medical procedures and equipment that would have been your sole responsibility. It also covers some health services such as doctors’ fees, vaccinations, screening for cancer and diabetes, surgical services and therapies just to mention a few. The list of the services covered goes beyond this, and there is a need to expand the knowledge to know what works best for each person.